Thursday 3 October 2013

Location planning

 
Idea Generation 

During our lesson with Pat we have discussed different locations and the genre that they suit. As seen below I drew my own floor plan for a car park which would be a central location for a key scene in a film. The car park floor plan location is an easily recognisable location. It's location could be used mainly for a horror/thriller and the narrative could be of a serial killer who drags his bodies in a basement under a car. The car park could also be used as a location in an action film in which a car chase or gun fight takes place. A car park is used very effectively in the opening of The Dark Knight. After I drew my floor plan I also drew a location plan of the surrounding area. The area was supposed to be a recognisable location. So I drew a leisure park complex with a park, cinema, car park and shopping centre. This location could be perfect for a drama genre or an action.























My Short film 

After I had drew my initial locations and planned something recognisable I then went on to draw a floor plan and a surrounding area plan for my short film Lose Your Mind. Below this the top image is of my floor plan for my short film. The floor plan is the main character Luke's flat. This will be the opening location for my short film. It is the main location in which Luke spends his days dossing around playing computer games wasting his life. This location will fit in with the drama genre because it makes my short film seem more to real life.

Underneath the image of my floor plan there is a location plan of the surrounding area in Lose Your Mind. This is a significant location because it is where the main set piece of the short film takes place. The set piece is of a robbery in the supermarket. Therefore this location is perfect because the surrounding area is the back drop for the robbery.















No comments:

Post a Comment