Wednesday 30 April 2014

TFOM - Location Recce Report - Field (near The Ivory Rooms)

My Location - Flashback scene

I plan to film one of the flashback scenes where Liam and George encounter the four soldiers, in a large field near a restaurant called The Ivory Rooms in Billericay. The field also backs off of an area of houses called Foxley Close. I plan to film at this area for when the characters of Liam and George are on their skateboards.

Below are a few images I took on location, planning ahead to check the location was suitable for the scene I'm planning.



This will be the alleyway where Liam and George will walk down with their skateboards, in which they then end up in the field where they encounter the soldiers.






The four soldiers will come running over from that tree, Liam and George will be walking across the footpath when they hear gun shots.

Contingency Plan

If for whatever reason that the day I plan to shoot at this location, the location say be unusable for whatever reason. Or the weather has caused a lot of water log or it has been closed off. I will then film this flashback scene at another major large public park in Billericay called The Queen Elizabeth Park.

Transport/Access

This location is in Billericay and is luckily within walking distance for all my actors seen as they all live local in Billericay, however considering they have to bring their prop weapons and wear heavy combat uniform. Myself along with a family member will pick them up in the car and drop them to the location. Once we arrive at the area, it is easily accessible by walking into the field through a bypass walk through. It has a public footpath in the field, so therefore we won't be breaking any laws. It is a regular spot for runners and dog walkers alike so no issues should arise.

Camera/Sound

In this location there won't be any electric power points which I can connect my camera or sound equipment too. However for my camera I will not need to plug it in, I will bring along two fully charged batteries which have at least four hours on them. I only plan to film for two hours so this will be absolutely fine. For my sound equipment I will be in the same situation.

Food

There is a high street ten minutes away from the location so if my cast get hungry or thirsty they can always pop down there. However to save time I will bring drinks and snacks for all the cast so that they don't get exhausted or dehydrated. The shoot isn't strenuous so this shouldn't be a problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment