Thursday 7 November 2013

Final Cut Screenshots


Below are some individual screenshots of work I have been doing on my practice edit sequence on Final Cut Pro.

This is a video clip imported into a folder from the data drive getting over written in the timeline. I did this so that I got a sharp transition from both video files.
 


I inserted a text file at the start and end of my sequence. This is the editing process of adding in my text towards the end. I then aligned  and centred the text so that it looked appealing. After this I then used the image and wireframe tool to move it around the clip as to where I pleased.




Adding in markers
 
As seen in the screenshot below I then added in markers in the sound files so that I knew where in the sound the high points were. The markers are the red points on the track. Below I have added in just one. The reason that I needed to mark this out is so that I knew whereabouts I could synchronise the video footage to the sound file. To insert markers in the track you need to select the sound bar before playing the clip. After this is done let the track play and listen to the sound file and as you get to the particular point of interest click the 'M' key and then you have a selected marker point. This also helps to add to the continuity of the edit. To rename or delete a marker all you need do is set the playhead above the marker and click the 'M' key once again. A menu should pop and then you have either the option to delete or re name. 
 



Multo-cam editing step by step guide
 
1) Create a new sequence
2) Import - Data - FCP7 Book Files - Media - Leverage - Multicam - import both files
3) Synchronise both clips by selecting an in point on both clips at the exact same time
4) Select both clips - Modify - Make Multiclip 
5) Drag straight from the browser into the timeline
6) Top of the viewer click the middle button and then click on open
7) Put the playhead at the start of the timeline and edit together

This is the first step to editing a clip in multicam. As show below I just synchronised one of the video clips by selecting an in point. I did this for both of the clips at the exact same time so that they were exactly in sync.




After I synchronised both clips I then selected the Make Multiclip button on the modify menu so that I could start the multicam editing process. 



This screenshot is of me selecting the open button. This can be chosen by going on the centre button on the top of the viewer. This allows two windows of the video clip to be open.



After opening the two video clips I then played the footage from the start by dragging the playhead and while the footage is playing I clicked between both clips. This allowed for the multicam switch.



The final screenshot is after the footage has finished playing I clicked the stop button and all the video clips snapped together making the final piece. 







No comments:

Post a Comment