Friday 7 February 2014

Diary entry for main character

In our writing for film and TV sessions with Pat, we were given an actors name, a genre and a location of where we needed to create a film idea. After writing a dialogue and non-dialogue script for our film idea we then had a chance to completely re-invent the idea to something we wanted. We did this through a diary entry of our main character. Below is my diary entry.


Martin Jones - the 2nd of March 1984

So I haven't done this in a while but February was a weird old month. And today has changed me for the better. So on the 26th of February I had an encounter with the Black Tie gang. Notoriously they are known for conning the rich and giving to the poor - I know it all sounds very Robin Hood. Which by the way is a childhood classic which I will always remember my mum used to read to me when I was ill. But as I digress, the Black Tie gang mistook me for someone else. Harrison Jameson was the man they were after, he's said to be a high earning investment banker. Supposedly this geezer invested 2.5 million into corrupt oil shares but did a runner when he invested half the shares then took the rest for himself. Says it's for his ill mother, but really he's just paying off debts he owes to a secondary black market bank.

We've all heard of Richie Volt, a German magician who is a former recovering alcoholic who is best known for setting a lion on fire when intoxicated from Rum during his last ever  magic stage performance. Well eight months later from that event he was never to be seen again. Well apart from today when I finally found out who he was. A con artist, who claimed accident insurance after setting a lion on fire. He set his stage manager up for blood poisoning him and providing with un-safe methods of performing. He won of course, made his millions and then went into hiding not wanting the attention after his big stunt.

Well after my encounter on the 26th I was tied up and threatened, verbally and physically until I handed them over the cash I had. Beaten to the bone, they handed me over to their boss. Ranjy Caine, he let me go after an hour of realising that they had the wrong bloke. And this is where it begins, they never gave me an apology but an opportunity. One ironically I couldn't refuse, literally because if I did my wife would surely die. So today they told me that I could be apart of their gang and let their mistake slip and join them on their war against the rich. I'm still tumbling now from the threat of my wife dying, I knew that if I didn't do what the brutes said then I'd surely be dead as well. I mean after all why would they kill Mary and not me?

So today is the day that Martin has died and my new pseudonym Albert Brookstein enters my life. Goodbye life and goodbye diary.


No comments:

Post a Comment