Friday 28 February 2014

Dialogue Script - All Is Lost

EXT. Hanger - Night

Albert has been captured and tied up in an abandoned hangar. He has been blindfolded so he can't see anything. There are four men who are the Corone brothers, they are in their late 20s to early 30s. Rodger however is 42. They are tall and they all have dark brown hair. One is wearing a suit and the others are wearing leather jackets. They want revenge on what Albert did to their family. 

ALBERT BROOKSTEIN
Whatever the hell you want, I've given you everything back you dogs

Il die before I help you, whichever one of them you are. You know it's not very civilised tiring an old boy up? courtesy is all I ask.

Martin Corone the man in the suit rolls his sleeves up and takes his blazer and tie off. He rips the blindfold off of Albert.


MARTIN CORONE
You know money doesn't always pay Brooky, you think you can just

ALBERT
I CAN DO WHAT I WANT, THATS WHAT.

MARTIN
Life, it's such a pretty thing isn't it? Old men like you should be hung. But now why would I want to do that when we know how to really kill you.

ALBERT
And how's that? Sorry, once you've come out the cot then I will raise my hands to your almightyness. 

RODGER CORONE
You think you're f**king funny don't ya? Well ere I thought Martin was funny, just turns out it was his suit.

MARTIN
Oi

RODGER
Shut it boy, now Albert

Albert
Good name huh?

Rodger spits on Albert then right hook punches him in the face, blood flies out Albert's mouth. This is then followed by Martin who at first looks scared, but he continues to punch Albert in the stomach and then kicks the chair backwards. Rodger goes all up in his face.

RODGER
Now, give us ya earnings. Every last penny. You ere me?

MARTIN
ANSWER HIM

RODGER
Once, my brother. Short little kid, thought he was hilarious. Well, to everyone but himself. Made a fool outta the whole family. We tried…we really did, after all he was our bro. And family always stick together. But he shamed us all, finking he could grow up and become some posh twat who orders the entirety of the world around. 

MARTIN
He got it.

RODGER
Family is important, but life comes first. Money isn't the winner. But today it is.

JOHNNY CORONE
What ee is trying to say is that mercy is not the boss of us. And neither are you, you thought that you could make our family a mock? Is that what we are to ya? A joke? Returning money weren't the end of this. Na give us your money  and we will let ya go.

ALBERT
Never, i'm not scared of you lot. You think that some of your so called big time anecdotes will

MARTIN
OI, we don't want your bloody life story. Just give us ya dosh.

ALBERT
And why would I do that? I'd rather die than give it to you, it's funny cos I won and you all lost. I am the con, you are the subjects.

RODGER
Bring her in.

George Corone drives into the hangar with a black van, Johnny and Martin open the back doors and drag a weak body next to Albert. She squeals and cries. Her hands are tied up and she is blindfolded. Blood drips from her arm. It is Albert's wife Mary.

MARY BROOKSTEIN
Albert give them nothing, I understand.

Albert starts to cry at the realisation that it is his wife, he begs for them to let her go. 

ALBERT
Mary, MARY. I love you. Let er go………please I'm begging you.

RODGER
You know the deal, the money. Everything you have, tell us where it is and we'll let you live.

ALBERT
Bu…

MARTIN
If you value your wife then you'll tell us

MARY
Albert, Albert it's ok. I loved you, but I do not anymore. My life is nothing without you. But money is nothing without yours. Just let me die.

ALBERT
Pleaseee, please don't kill her.

RODGER
Give us ya maneyy.

Albert
(long pause) 34 Acres Avenue, behind the lamppost there is a some concrete, underneath there are four briefcases. There is my everything.

JOHNNY
Well…that wasn't so ard now was it?

RODGER
Let er go.

Albert is left tied up, he is distraught. Mary, at a struggle gets up and starts limping out. Martin pours petrol around the perimeter, as Mary is walking out Johnny shoots her three times. She collapses dead.

Albert starts screaming and crying.
ALBERT
MARYYYYYYYYYY (sobs)

RODGER
Shouldn't make us wait Al, enjoy the flames

Rodger drops a match and sets alight the petrol in the hangar.




No comments:

Post a Comment