Saturday 3 May 2014

TFOM - Relevant Research

Throughout the pre-production process of my single camera drama short film, currently at the working title of The Fall of Man, I have been doing various pieces of research on all different aspects of my film. Below under different headings are the pieces of research I have compiled.

Props

For the final few scenes for my short film, my character George will start going in to a fit. I will need him t cough up blood, as well as this the character of Luke will need a blood stained t shirt because he was shot. And in the end he will turn rabid and his face will be covered in blood. Now to pull this off I will need some fake blood.

Now to start off with I researched a few different brands of fake blood on Amazon, below are a couple of the brands I looked up. However after looking up pictures of how fake blood tubes turn out in general. I have decided against buying fake blood. The reason for this is because it is very hard to scrub off and it can stain your skin for up to five days. So this would be unfair on my two actors who need fake blood. I also decided against buying already made fake blood because once you apply it to the skin it dries very quickly and all you get is a red smudged effect. For the look of my film, I wanted the blood to be very gory in detail, especially in thickness so it looks like it is oozing out.























So to create the look of the fake blood which I envisage, I have done some research on YouTube of how to make your own, these are some of the videos that helped me.



 
 
In both of these tutorials of making your own home made fake blood, they both use corn syrup. This is a special type of syrup which is used in America and is very hard to get hold of in the UK. So I searched alternatives to corn syrup and golden syrup does just the same. So below are the three ingredients I will be using for my fake blood. Along with a couple of images of a test batch I made, in planning for when I shoot the bloody scenes.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Title
 
After my concept ideas and story were written up, I then developed a title for my single camera drama. The title which I went with was The Fall of Man. Not after making this title I realised a little bit of research may need to be done on it, just to ensure that it hasn't already been taken, as well as researching what it could mean.
 
Now after doing some research on the internet, I was made aware there are no major film titles with the title The Fall of Man. However there is a game called Resistance: Fall of Man. This doesn't matter to me too much however, because it isn't the exact name I am going with. After I had looked up the title The Fall of Man, a lot of religious works and articles popped up. I then found out that 'The Fall of Man' was what Christians believed was when the first two innocent humans (Adam and Eve) turned from being obedient, to being in a state of guilty disobedience because they broke the rules in the garden of Eden. Christians also believe that the word 'Fall' was when Sin was brought into the world, in which all the natural world went corrupt, including human nature itself. Now after reading this, I was very happy with myself as, the Christian meaning of 'The Fall of Man' could be adapted into my own story. In which innocent humans are now being subjected to a not so innocent virus, which creating a real evil human society. These 'Marked ones' in my story will now be the representation of Sin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment